The popular VoIP platform Discord is getting more and more people using it every day because it has so many great features. More and more gamers are getting the app and chatting with their teammates on this platform to figure out how to play better. Let’s see discord no route.
When people use Discord, they sometimes run into problems that make it hard for them to play.
Discord no route error is one of the problems. When this bug happens, players can’t join any voice channels, and when they try, they get this error. If you are one of those people who sees this error, don’t worry.
Keep reading and use the different ideas that are given. It will definitely give you the fix, and the error will go away.
Method 1: Restart your Router/Modem
To fix any problem, the first step is to restart the system. It also works in this case. Start up your router or modem and make sure the connections are still tight. Then, restart your computer. Open Discord and check to see if the problem is still there. If that didn’t work for you, try the next one.
Method 2: Select Nearest Server Location
It is important to choose a server close to where you are so that packets can be sent quickly and without any lag.
Discord will have more lag the further away it is from the server.
If the server is in a place that is too far away from your country or region, you might get the “Discord no route” error. Let’s look at what you need to do to change the server region. Just do what’s written below.
- The first thing to do is sign in to Discord.
- Now, click on “Server,” and then in the menu that comes up, click “Server Settings.”
- On the left side, click Overview. Here, you can see different things about your server.
In the server region field, click the Change button.
- Now, choose the server location that’s closest to you.
- Now, start-up Discord again and see if the fix worked for you.
- If the closest server location is already chosen, this is not the answer. You can close Discord and move on to the next solution.
Method 3: Disable Quality of Service
Quality of Service is used by Discord. This service is used to put the most important packets at the top of the list and send them quickly across the networks. But this can sometimes lead to problems.
Let’s turn this setting off and see if the problem goes away.
- Step one is to open up Discord.
- Now, you’ll see “User settings” in the bottom left corner.
Just click it.
- Now, look at the left side of the new window that just opened and clicks “Voice and Video settings.”
- Scroll down on the right side until you see “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.”
- Turn this setting off.
- Now, check to see if your problem is fixed.
- If it didn’t work, don’t give up! We have more ways to fix the problem, so keep reading.
Method 4: Check Firewall and Antivirus settings
There’s a chance that you’re getting the “no route to Discord” error because your Firewall or Antivirus is blocking Discord.
You can look at your Firewall settings to see if it blocks Discord.
Different firewalls have different settings, so you need to check your firewall’s settings and make changes based on what you find.
- Let’s look at how to change Windows Defender Firewall settings.
- Use the Windows search box to look for “Windows Defender Firewall” and then open it.
- Find the option that says “Change settings” and click on it.
- You will see a list of all the things your system can do.
Check to see if Discord is on the list.
If not, click the button that says “Allow another app.”
- Now, choose where your Discord files are kept and where the Discord executable file is.
- After you add it, make sure both the private and public boxes are checked.
- Click Ok.
- Now, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed.
Method 5: Bypass the Network Admin Restriction
If you are using Discord in a public place, the Network admin might have blocked it.
Let’s look at how to get around the block and connect to servers outside of Discord.
- The first thing you need to do is open the control panel.
Just look for it in the search box in Windows and open it.
- Now, open the “Network and Sharing Center” by looking for it.
- There will be a pop-up box.
Properties will open.
- Here, find IPV4, click on it, and then click Properties.
- Click “Use the following DNS server addresses” in the next box that pops up.
- Type “8 8 8 8” in the box that says “Prefer DNS Server” and “8 8 4 4” in the box that says “Alternate DNS Server.”
- Now, uncheck the box that says “Validate settings when leaving.”
- Select OK.
- After you’ve done this, restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed.
Method 6: Renew your IP Address
- Many users have found that renewing the IP address works.
Let’s try the steps below and see if they work for you.
- Type “command prompt” into the search box in Windows and open the first result as an administrator.
- Now, in the command prompt window, type “ipconfig /release” and press enter.
- Now, type “ipconfig /renew” and hit enter.
- The first command will release the IP address you were given, and the second command will give you a new one.
- Start the system back up and see if the problem is still there.
Method 7: Use Discord using your Browser
, You can still use Discord through your browser and you won’t get this error.
You can also delete the Discord app and reinstall it on your computer. This will probably fix the problem.
So, here are the ways to fix the “No route” error on Discord. Follow each step-by-step solution as shown, and you’ll find the right way to fix the problem. After this problem is fixed, it will be easy to connect to your voice channels again.